Parishioner since June 1996/97
Full-time Accounting Associate, American Campus Communities
- In what ministries have you been involved with in the past?
I've been involved with one "ministry" – the Altar Society for about eight years. I was on the Sesquicentennial Celebration Committee for the 150th Anniversary of Saint Mary Cathedral and the Seminarian Advisory Team Committee for Fr. John Guzaldo.
- What is your favorite thing about volunteering at the Cathedral?
It's hard to pinpoint one favorite thing, but I'll have to say it is the socializing and working with others.
- What do you get out of it?
I get a sense of pride cleaning God's house.
- What was one of your most rewarding experiences as a Cathedral volunteer? Having made many friends and knowing the support of others is there when I need it.
- Why does volunteering matter?
That's simple. Volunteering makes me happy. Happy to help others in need -- whether it's a big or small project.
- What are your other interests?
Photography, gardening, traveling and star gazing.
- What advice would you give to a parishioner new to volunteering?
If you want to give a little of yourself to God and your parish, volunteering is the best way to do it. It costs very little and the rewards are great!