Lector, Parish Council
Parishioner since 2000
Program Coordinator of The Pebble Project, Communities in Schools
- What is your favorite thing about volunteering at the Cathedral?
My favorite thing about volunteering is getting to meet other people, of all ages, who love their faith and their Church.
- What do you get out of it?
It makes me feel like a part of my parish, not just a person who attends Mass once a week.
- What was one of your most rewarding experiences as a Cathedral volunteer?
My most rewarding experiencing was lectoring at Midnight Mass this past Christmas. After Mass, Bishop Aymond told me that I had "truly proclaimed the Word of God." It's always such a validation that you are using your gifts well when someone comments on the job you've done.
- Why does volunteering matter?
Volunteering matters because it is a way to use your God-given gifts and talents to make our Church stronger. It's a way to take ownership of your faith and your parish.
- What are your other interests?
My niece (see picture), politics, current events, sharks, music, having fun and trying to make my part of the world a little better in some way.
- What advice would you give to a parishioner new to volunteering?
Take the first step and contact someone about using your gifts to help build up our Cathedral. It's the best way to truly feel a part of our beautiful parish. Take that first step and the rest will fall into place.