Because the Holy Name Society:
- provides special graces and indulgences that will render easier and more certain the difficult work of salvation.
- will help me greatly to be regular in the performance of my religious duties, particularly with regard to confession and Holy Communion.
- unites my efforts with those of others in suppressing cursing, blasphemy, perjury, foul language and the many attacks on religion and decency.
- will broaden my knowledge of my religion through the discussion at the meetings, the messages brought by well-trained speakers and numerous other means.
- welds my individually feeble endeavors with those of millions of fellow Holy Name men in this land into one mighty united force for God and country.
- develops a genuine parish spirit and solidarity that is of untold value and assistance to the Reverend Pastor in carrying out his regular parish program and special projects.
- provides opportune occasions for the public profession of my faith through the Sectional and Diocesan meetings and conventions. "Every one therefore that shall confess me before men, I will also confess him before my Father who is in heaven." Matt. 10:32
- represents the manner most highly approved by the Hierarchy for my participation in the program of the Lay Apostolate, that I may penetrate and perfect the world in which I live.